Under the direction of communications management, the Communications Specialist will work closely with the communications team and HGEA departments to implement the union’s external marketing and social media strategy.
- Social Media:
- Develop and implement a social media strategy.
- Manage the main HGEA accounts and oversee development of island division accounts.
- Provide training and support to island division staff assisting with island division accounts.
- External Marketing:
- Develop and implement external marketing campaigns.
- Work with vendors or ad agencies for commercial/ad production and placements.
- Manage relationships with our advertising agency or ad partners.
- Content creation
- Develop creative storytelling to promote HGEA and the work of its public service members.
- Design visual content for a variety of mediums.
May assist with: media relations, internal and external communication pieces (email, mailers, intranet), HGEA website updates, event coordination, and other responsibilities of the communication department.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university with a major in journalism, communications, public relations/marketing, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of marketing and social media experience.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel off-island as required.
- Valid Hawaii Drivers’ License and reliable personal vehicle to use for work.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
- Experience designing print or digital content.
- Experience with photography and videography.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including handling multiple assignments from concept to completion on deadline and within budget.
- Team player with the ability to work well with a diverse group of staff, members and stakeholders.
- Able to exhibit HGEA’s core values and culture of service with ALOHA.
Application Requirements: Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open till filled.