2019-2021 State Board of Directors Election
Elections for the 2019–2021 term of office for the president and board of directors are being held this year. Active members interested in running will be able to pick up a candidate packet from the HGEA offices starting Tuesday, February 5, 2019.
In addition to electing the president, active members will elect directors for Units 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 13, 14, Hawaii-at-large, Kauai-at-large, Maui-at-large and Oahu-at-large.
Key dates in the election schedule are:
- Thursday, March 7: Deadline to submit nomination petitions
- Friday, March 22–Sunday, April 21: Period for mailing ballots
- Tuesday, May 7: Last day to vote (Election Date)
Ballots must be hand-delivered before 4:30 p.m. or postmarked before midnight.
- Friday, May 17, 4:30 p.m.: Deadline to receive mailed ballots postmarked by midnight, May 7.
- Saturday, May 18, 8:00 a.m.: Ballots counted and results certified.
The president and directors will serve from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2021. They are not paid for their service.
The application period is now closed
For 2019-2021 HGEA State Board of Directors